Active Pass Lighthouse
The Active Pass Lighthouse – also known as the Georgina Point Lighthouse – is located at the north eastern point of Mayne Island in the Georgia Strait. It was built in 1969 as a coastal light and marks the eastern entrance to Active Pass.
The Active Pass Lighthouse is the third lighthouse built at this location and represents the modernization of marine aids to navigation in the 1950s and 1960s. Established in 1885, the Active Pass light station has facilitated safe and easy navigation for mariners travelling between Victoria and Vancouver.
The lighthouse is a symbol of the Mayne Island communities, the site sees many visitors and it much appreciated by community members as well as tourists.